Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Martin Riddle Martin Riddle is offline

Default Cleaning Steel Prior to Painting?

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
When I put out the flag today I noticed that the steel wall bracket is
rusting, in spite of this being Arizona, where rust is forbidden ;-)

Do I remember correctly that cleaning steel in a mild acid solution is
the best treatment to remove the rust, then prime and paint?

...Jim Thompson

I second the navel jelly. Then Murtic acid for heavy jobs

BTW, use rustolium and their primer. If not I really like the Painters Touch
paint, really good UV protection.

Cheers