Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
joseph2k joseph2k is offline

Default Definition of Linearity

Chris Jones wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I have a specification for an amplifier design that says "0.25%
linearity".

I can't seem to lay my hands on a precise definition of what that
means.

Likewise... How to calculate?

...Jim Thompson

Better ask the customer. (Even if they are not correct in their
definition, it is their definition that you need to know.)
Chris

Aye, but the customer may not "know" either, it may just be a sales spec.
Do you have a quantifiable specification definition? I have one but it may
not match the the customers "idea" of the requirement. Check a/d and d/a
specifications, they are very similar to my method.
--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.Â*Â*