Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default Cleaning Steel Prior to Painting?

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:31:21 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

When I put out the flag today I noticed that the steel wall bracket is
rusting, in spite of this being Arizona, where rust is forbidden ;-)

Do I remember correctly that cleaning steel in a mild acid solution is
the best treatment to remove the rust, then prime and paint?

...Jim Thompson

If it has not reached the flaking point Rustoluem spray paint will do
just fine. Follow the instructions on the can. It will take at least
overnight to dry. If it has reached the flaking point mechanical
removal of the rust is advised!

John Ferrell W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to
plow around the stumps"