Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Cleaning Steel Prior to Painting?

Jim Thompson wrote:
When I put out the flag today I noticed that the steel wall bracket is
rusting, in spite of this being Arizona, where rust is forbidden ;-)

Do I remember correctly that cleaning steel in a mild acid solution is
the best treatment to remove the rust, then prime and paint?

You want phosphoric acid, IIRC. It's the stuff in Naval Jelly, at any
rate. It cleans the rust and leaves a mild, paintable, anti-corrosion
film behind.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services