Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_3_] Oppie[_3_] is offline

Default Popular Electrnics, October 1954 - 1st Issue. - PopTronics1SMALL.jpg (0/2)

Great Nostalgia. I read Carl and Jerry like I did comic books much earlier.
Heathkits and Eico were a great way to learn since they gave you some pretty
good troubleshooting information and of course, the schematics to trace
things out. How are the youngsters of today going to learn this stuff? Most
are only into iPods and gaming... now that's productive.

http://www.giangrandi.ch/electronics/neon/neon.shtml
I have copies of the Signalite book on Applications of Neon Lamps and Gas
Discharge Tubes. Edward Bauman, Signalite inc. 1966'
GE Glow Lamp Manual(1966)
Logic and Computer Applications of Glow Lamps
Philips Gas Discharge Tubes (1964)

Most of these are poor scans found on the web and large size but it does
preserve the history.

wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:08:29 -0400, "Oppie" wrote:

What was the article on 'fun with neon bulbs'?
I have a collection of most of the old projects with NE-2 type lamps - the
NE555 of its era.
Oppie

wrote in message
. ..
While digging through some old files, found this mag. Thought I'd
share a bit of Nostalgia.

The article is about using an NE-2, 51, or 48 in series with a 220k
resistor, plugeed into the wall for a strobe light. It also discusses
using it as an rf probe by using the body as a current sink.
Of course, at the time, Heathkit was alive and well, Carl met Jerry
for the first time.