Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Definition of Linearity

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 12:15:19 -0700, the renowned John Larkin
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:30:53 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I have a specification for an amplifier design that says "0.25%
linearity".

I can't seem to lay my hands on a precise definition of what that
means.

Likewise... How to calculate?

...Jim Thompson

Probably peak deviation from best straight-line fit, as a percentage
of full-scale swing. Most people would use half of rail-rail output
swing (ie, peak, not p-p) as the denominator.

John

Except for marketing types.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany