Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_3_] Oppie[_3_] is offline

Default Popular Electrnics, October 1954 - 1st Issue. - PopTronics1SMALL.jpg (0/2)

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message news
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:08:29 -0400, "Oppie" wrote:

What was the article on 'fun with neon bulbs'?
I have a collection of most of the old projects with NE-2 type lamps - the
NE555 of its era.
Oppie

wrote in message
. ..
While digging through some old files, found this mag. Thought I'd
share a bit of Nostalgia.

I was a subscriber from around that time... I was 14, until they
started merging with every piece-a-crap and became far less
electronic.... into my late '30's.

Upper right corner... that was issue #1 !!

I was 3 in '54 so you've got a few years on me.
Popular Electronics and Electronics Illustrated taught me more about
practical electronics by way of building projects and debugging them than
college ever did. College only helped me to appreciate the theory and laws
behind what I was already doing. I had professors that would see me in lab
doing independant study that would marvel at my designs and wonder why I was
doing so poorly in their classes. Dyslexic people are like Apple - we work
differently.
Oppie