Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
default default is offline

Default Help a Newbie

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:54:59 +0100, "Cableguy" wrote:

As far as the "mechanical design, I'm thinking on using a "blind" like
faceplate that rolls up and down...My only doubt is ...
Waht will happen if the motion is stoped by exterior interaction, like a
slider getting stuck'
What will burn first? The motor, the relay, or the fuse?

Use one of the "poly fuses" from Ray Chem. No moving parts and will
automatically reset when power is removed and cheap.

Picaxe microcontrollers don't require a programmer and the software is
free - you just need a serial port to program them. Total development
system is less than $10 - and they are really easy to use. PWM, A/D,
infrared demodulator, 3-5 volt operation and micropower, etc..

http://www.hippy.freeserve.co.uk/picaxenw.htm for propaganda

http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/ home page