Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Cableguy Cableguy is offline

Default Help a Newbie

Thank You Guys....!!!

I never expected this kind of foward help from a news group...
You guys rock!!!

I think that I willgo with the relay option, as it is cheaper for me, since
I don't even have a uP programer, and also attending to the caution notes
posted....

As far as the "mechanical design, I'm thinking on using a "blind" like
faceplate that rolls up and down...My only doubt is ...
Waht will happen if the motion is stoped by exterior interaction, like a
slider getting stuck'
What will burn first? The motor, the relay, or the fuse?

Anyway all that rest me to do is experimenting and give you guys a big THANK
YOU for all your input..
"Cableguy" wrote in message
Hy guys,

Hope all of you are doing ok....

I'm a newbie in mciro-electronics, alrhough I have an electronics course,
i've never worked with PICs before...

I'm trying to design an "actuator" alike circuit, wich would run a dc
motor
foward or backward, depending on it's position....Kinda like the CD-Rom
draw
does, or a garage door opener....

I'm guessing that to figure the current position out I would have to use
some micro-switch or optic barrier along with one or two relays to invert
the direction....

Anyone ever deone or came across something similar?....

Thanks From Portugal

Paulo Gomes