Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
default default is offline

Default Help a Newbie

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:31:36 +0100, "Cableguy" wrote:

Hy guys,

Hope all of you are doing ok....

I'm a newbie in mciro-electronics, alrhough I have an electronics course,
i've never worked with PICs before...

I'm trying to design an "actuator" alike circuit, wich would run a dc motor
foward or backward, depending on it's position....Kinda like the CD-Rom draw
does, or a garage door opener....

I'm guessing that to figure the current position out I would have to use
some micro-switch or optic barrier along with one or two relays to invert
the direction....

Anyone ever deone or came across something similar?....

Thanks From Portugal

Paulo Gomes

Like westexjoe puts it you need to be more specific with your needs

Do you need relative position, absolute position, variable speed,
proportional speed control, how much over/undershoot is tolerable,
what size horsepower, etc. etc.

Describing the application goes a long way to helping make good
decisions on how best to implement what you want to do.

This is a common problem and been solved lots of times, so yes,
someone has done it.