Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
joseph2k joseph2k is offline

Default Purchase Advice Needed

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:30:11 GMT, the renowned Eeyore
wrote:

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

- They all come with Vista only.

Presumably that's why it's slow.

P.S.

I don't actually presume that at all. I think it's slow because the
HDD is only 5400 RPM, because the video is a cheap-ass integrated
'card' (probably 1/10 the speed of a modest desktop $300 card, let
alone a high end CAD or gaming video) (and I also suspect that 1G RAM
is not optimal). It's still plenty good enough to view EDA and CAD
files and do MS office type stuff. You'd have to be a masochist to
actually try to do any serious design work on a single 15.4" 1280 x
800 screen.

Why did you buy a PC with Vista ?

Graham

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

For what it is worth do not expect XP to be all that much faster on the same
machine. win98 may not even run. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the
grease.
--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.Â*Â*