Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Purchase Advice Needed

Nico Coesel wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

Nico Coesel wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Would you care to elaborate on that ?

Just which components are different and what differences do they make ?

In consumer grade equipment usually the hardware is cheap and crappy.

Tell me who makes these crappy hard drives, memory, display contollers, LCDS,
CPUs and heck knows what else for the consumer market ?

Any manufacturor. This is a well known example from the automobile
industry: Mitsubishi and Hyundai both produced a van with an identical
diesel engine from Mitsibishi. Well, almost identical. The engine for
the Hyundai van (H100) was produced faster with less accuracy and
cheaper components. The Mitsubishi van (L200) used engines which where
produced slower and more accurate with more expensive parts. The end
result: the engine for the Hyundai usually didn't last 100kkm (62k
miles) while the engine used in the Mitsubishi vans easely lasted
300kkm (187k miles). Even though something comes out of the same
factory and looks the same doesn't mean it is the same quality.

Yeah, I know all about that. I owned a Summit Eagle wagon, Made for
Chrysler in the Mitsubishi plant using a Mitsubishi engine but sold
by a GM dealer. That was the agreement the Japs had with them ect..

Mitsubishi also made a wagon of the same exact style, along with the
one Chrysler sold them self's that was made in canada using a canadian
engine.(Colt Vista) or something like that.
The Canadian's engine was garbage and didn't last along with the body
rotting out. The Summit Eagle that I had suffered from bad things like
cheap interior body parts, cheap seat belt system that had to be
replace twice. bearing in the steering post had to be replaced twice due
to a plastic race instead of a metal on. etc....
Then the engine decided to start leaking oil (Head gasket), had that
replaced at 65k, 15k miles later, one day while starting it, it locks up
tight.! broke the starter head off in the fly wheel, they replaced it to
find a binding once in a while, I would noticed that periodically. They
dropped the cover to find a small fracture crack in the crank shaft in
the last bearing going out to the flywheel., after the mechanical looked
it all over which was very knowledgeable with Mitsubishi Engines. He
told me that the crank shaft looked like it came out of the next size
smaller engine that they make, the bearings on the
rods were not made of the usual metal etc....
In other words, it was a cheaply made 1.8 Litter Mitsubishi engine.

P.S.
In the Mitsubishi version of that same wagon, they don't use that
same engine.
how quaint..
I don't blame the Japanese, I blame the American businesses that got the
Japanese to make a cheaper car for them.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5