Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Purchase Advice Needed

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:36:31 -0500, Joe Chisolm
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:38:25 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

I'm pondering purchasing a new laptop... my old Vaio is absolutely
ancient, heavy, and slow (800MHz).

Specifically I'm looking at the ThinkPad X61s notebook.

Anyone experienced with this product?

Alternates?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

I migrated from a Thinkpad X31 to a X40 last year. For travel the X40 is
great, light weight and small. Plus, when that clown in front of me has
his seat slammed into my knees I can still use the laptop. Granted the
screen and keyboard are small, but sufficient for doing email and such on
the road. At home I just plug into the docking station with a full size
keyboard and 20in monitor. The thing is pretty rugged, been on a lot of
flights, dropped, kicked around and still works fine.

The down side is the lack of built in CD. I dont find that a
real problem anymore but 2GB+ usb sticks. I have the Ultrabase but I
dont use it much, just takes up room in my case.

Joe in TX.

Joe, Is the Ultrabase a docking station? Or what name does the
docking station go by?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |