Robert Swinney

Default Thanks for the tip on the HP32 calculator!

Rozen sez, glibly!

"(translation, 'I can't figure those darn things out?')"

Naw, Jim -- I liken it to climbing down a ladder with 2 rungs missing from
the bottom. You have it figured OK but it is still a damned uncomfortable
situation to be in. The more you climb that defective ladder, the more
aggravating it becomes.

Bob (RPN is like trying to run CNC with no manual machining experience)
Swinney

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Robert Swinney says...

Reverse Polish Notation: Method of entering math phrases into a

calculating
device. The method is somewhat arcane and difficult to follow for those
with ordinary mathematical proclivities. It is, however, "very

efficient"
for those with pre-existing mathematical training.

Although oddly, I used the 'other' kind of calculators
for years before trying the RPN ones. Even after all
the indoctrination beforehand, I still am an RPN convert.

Bob (I'll stick to AE, thank you very much) Swinney

grin

Sorry Bob, could not resist!!

Jim

please reply to: