Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Rich Webb Rich Webb is offline

Default Purchase Advice Needed

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:38:25 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I'm pondering purchasing a new laptop... my old Vaio is absolutely
ancient, heavy, and slow (800MHz).

Specifically I'm looking at the ThinkPad X61s notebook.

Anyone experienced with this product?

Alternates?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...6 320&x=0&y=0

HP's nc6320 series is still available at NewEgg with XP Pro. Not as
petite as a Vaio but shouldn't make your arm grow longer with carrying
it, either. A possible plus is that they include actual "legacy"
parallel and serial ports in addition to the newer stuff like WiFi,
Bluetooth, USB, Firewire, etc.

This may be about the end of that model series; used to be several
more on the higher- and lower-end. If you'd prefer an XP machine,
you'd better hustle.