Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Purchase Advice Needed

Jim Thompson wrote:

I'm pondering purchasing a new laptop... my old Vaio is absolutely
ancient, heavy, and slow (800MHz).

Specifically I'm looking at the ThinkPad X61s notebook.

Anyone experienced with this product?

Sorry, I am not. Just used a new Lenovo at a client which is ok but the
plastic case appears too flimsy for my taste.

Alternates?

I've got the predecessor (D14RA) of this one:
http://usa.twinhead.com/PRO/D14RY/

Absolutely love it, so far. But it is certainly not light and it may not
have enough horsepower for what you need. Although mine finished every
compile run about 30% faster than all the others during a Cypress
session. What I really liked was that it came with some non-announced
goodies such as an RS232 port.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com