Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Lord Garth Lord Garth is offline

Default SC101T Turbo Network Attached Storage device from NetGear.

"JackShephard" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 04:37:33 GMT, "Lord Garth"
wrote:

"JackShephard" wrote in
message ...
Got one on the way.

only $169 @ Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/SC101T-Storage...dp/B000O8KHTC/

ref=sr_1_1/104-9196872-7431936?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1181880282&sr=1-1

What, no FTP in that firmware?

Snail mail.

I won't be disappointed when I get it. The Terrel dope mentioned the
little brother of it, but I still won't pass any kudos to that lousy
bat's turd. I'll probably put a pair of Seagate Perpendicular Terabyte
drives in it.

It almost certainly a Linux box using ext3 for the file management system.
I don't know the limits of the format so I'd like to know...

I use a NAS box with SFTP to remotely store copies of a local backup at
a physically different location. Snail mail couldn't do it because of the
file
size. Mapping the drive to a remote IP is possible but not too secure.

All of these NAS boxes have their little quirks however.