Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Popelish John Popelish is offline

Default 4ph windings connnected to 3phase

John Popelish wrote:
(snip)
But if you just wire it up as half of that star (only one side of each
center tapped pair), you can common the lopsided center and drive each
of the 4 ends with one of your half bridges and have the same as the last.

But if you tie the 4 'center' ends together, but float this node, the
ripple will be reduced as this node finds its voltage as a combination
of the 4 drive phases returning through each other. instead of through
the common center node. I could be all wet, here. I admit that 4
phases makes my head hurt.

This doesn't work. you get two large and two smaller phase
currents.

But you can tie the 'center' end of say, the 0 and 45 degree
phases, and the 'center' end of the 90 and 135 degree phases
ans two separate floating nodes, and get phase sharing
effect for these pairs that keeps all the phase currents equal.