Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default 3.6VDC voltage sag on switching

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:31:43 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:57:48 -0600, "starfire"
wrote:

I'm posting the associated circuit and traces here, per request from Paul
Hovnarian. Thanks for the suggestion, Paul.

Normally, I'm not a pest about spelling, but .......

C30 is not a good idea.

John

Do you think C30 is causing the sag? I think that might slow down Q2,
but the sag is caused by having to charge C31. What kind of 3.6V battery
is that?

Hint to the OP: If you can, set your scope's trigger delay to -1 units
so we can see what things looked like before they fell off the edge of
the earth.

It could add "gain" to the sag, by increasing Rds-on when the source
voltage dips. Just get rid of it, or use a s-g cap if you want to slow
down turnon.

But, looking at the dip waveform, it's awfully fast for being a
"circuit" issue. Looks more like a layout problem. I wonder if this is
on a proto board.

John