Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default On this date in 1953...

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 18:17:03 -0700, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"
wrote:

I never see that word without remembering the story of the fellow that had
been raised on the east coast and loved nothing more for dinner than scrod.
It was his favorite and he had it a couple of times a week.

His company transferred him to the Left Coast and we just don't call it that
out here, nor do we have anything that is identical.

He gets called back for a conference to the head office after a year without
his favorite dish, and all he can think about is a scrod dinner. He gets to
JFK, hops in a taxi and asks the cabbie if he knows where he can get scrod.

The cabbie looks back and says, "Buddy, I've hoid t'at question ten t'ousand
times, but that's the foist time I've ever hoid it in the plupoifect
subjunctive."

Jim

Sno-o-o-o-ort! Almost lost my dinner over that ;-)

And _I_ have had Scrod for dinner.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |