Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Lord Garth Lord Garth is offline

Default 8-layer board, about 1050 parts - V470.jpg - V470snap.jpg

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
snip

Puzzling. The current in a CRT base is insignificant... microamps on
most of the pins, and 150ma on the filament pins. I have never
had one fail, but for a case where there was 1/32 inch of solder ring
around the pin. Once I bent the pin over and resoldered, it never failed
again... In fact, I have never had one of my solder joints fail at

anytime.

The reason for the big soft blobs is to limit corona on the various
CRT bits. It is done by using a good fat 60/40 solder, and a low

temperature
soldering iron. 60/40 solder builds, 67/37 flows like water. 67/37 is
about half again as strong as 60/40.

Chuck, did you mean "half again as strong", meaning 1.5 times as strong
or half as strong?