Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default 8-layer board, about 1050 parts - V470.jpg - V470snap.jpg

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 09:51:01 -0700, the renowned John Larkin
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 12:33:48 -0400, John Popelish
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

Whole batch, maybe 5-20 bad vias per board. We canned that vendor.
Strange, because they had been OK for years. But we paid them for 100%
bare-board testing, and it was obvious that we didn't get it.

Were the via photos made before or after passing the boards
through solder ovens?

That was an as-received bare board.

It could be that the boards - at least the ones they shipped us! -
passed electrical bare-board testing but failed after reflow. At any
rate, there was clearly a plating problem.

John

Like maybe they had 25% fallouts at the flying probe test and ought to
have had a gander at the PTHs...

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany