Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default 8-layer board, about 1050 parts - V470.jpg - V470snap.jpg

John Larkin wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 05:42:14 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 02:56:25 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

tempus fugit wrote:

I know this is probably a stupid question, but does 8 layers mean the parts
are on 8 different horizontal planes, all stacked on top of one another?

Thanks

No. Haven't you ever heard of Vias and plated through holes?

You've not heard of Mexican PCB's ?:-)

Hell, I've seen them. Cincinnati Electronics made and assembled the
boards for the modules used in the PRC-77 in Mexico. They had trouble
with double sided, with plated through holes.

Here's a bad via, on an 8-layer board, made in America!

John

Was it just one bad via on one board, or a whole bad batch? Philco
had a factory in Mexico that had lots of problems with consumer
electronics, and Delco made a MAJOR design mistake when they used
"Griplets" instead of plated through holes in a series of car radios.

Another Philco screw up was using the wrong flux to solder enameled
wire to terminals. It would eat right through the copper after a few
years of use. You would pry open an IF transformer or remove the cover
from a yoke and find a bunch of green dust where the wire used to be.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida