Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default 8-layer board, about 1050 parts - V470.jpg - V470snap.jpg

On Tue, 29 May 2007 18:19:08 GMT, Rich Grise wrote:

On Fri, 25 May 2007 17:10:16 -0700, John Larkin wrote:
On Fri, 25 May 2007 18:28:53 -0400, John Popelish

Ooh! I want to try my hand at laying out one of those 16 strips.

There were a bunch of ground loop and HV clearance issues, nastier
than it looks. A few parts wound up on the bottom, just 4 caps per
channel.

One thing PADS doesn't do is replicate structures like this. I think
it's part of an expensive options package that we don't have. Our guy
does something tricky with Autocad to help him do this... lays out one
channel then uses Autocad to make a 16x placement guide overlay or
something.

Oh, this is actually 6 layers!

Mind if I ask which layer is which? There was a big thread on this not
too long ago, it might be interesting to compare answers. :-)

Thanks,
Rich

1 top parts, pads, traces, silkscreen

2 traces

3 power pours, including isolated channel commons

4 mixed power pours and traces

5 ground

6 traces, a few bottom parts

This is a little unusual in having ground on 5, but it had to do with
the 16 isolated output channels.

John

Attached Thumbnails
Re: 8-layer board, about 1050 parts - V470.jpg-v470snap-jpg