Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
JackShephard JackShephard is offline

Default Double cassette deck problem

On Mon, 28 May 2007 11:35:15 -0400, Chuck Harris
wrote:

Zebra wrote:
Dear All,

I have a malfunction Technics RS-TR555 Double Cassette Deck. It has soft
touch control buttons for controlling, auto reverse and independent motors.
Recently when I tried to check out my tapes before disposing them. It seems
that the logic goes wrong. For example, press "play" will forward your tape.
And after repeatedly pressing the buttons and you finally got it in the play
mode, the wrong wheel spin and the tape kept squeezing out.

Anyone got a hint on what to look for or where to find a schematic diagram?
Thanks.

The problem is most likely not electronic, but rather mechanical.
The plastics used in of these mechanisms shrink over time, and
eventually break. When this happens, various parts of the mechanism
stop working and the tape spools on the floor... so to speak.

The plastic parts are purely unobtainable.

Actually, it is typically the RUBBER parts on plastic hubs that go bad,
and YES there ARE refit kits available for nearly any recent design of a
decent brand name.