Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Martin Riddle Martin Riddle is offline

Default Send Mail from Command Line?

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 27 May 2007 21:41:25 -0400, Jamie
t wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone know of a good program that can send E-mail from the Command
Line? ...Send a filename to an address?

All I've found don't accommodate a password. I guess the authors
assume you are resident with the SMTP server.

...Jim Thompson

Well, I do programming and yes, I can code a smtp mail program
to run on a command line how ever, it still requires a
user name and password to send.
There is information stored in the registry that helps you with
this how ever, not every uses Outlook since it is very week.

In any case, if you can supply this info then it would be
easy to encode that on the command line.
something like.
sendmail
username,password,To,From,subject,tex tBody.txt,attachments.exe+.....

I have a son who can do that, and he can spell correctly ;-)

I was just looking for an off-the-shelf product.

This sounds like it would work..... http://www.blat.net/

Cheers