Richard Coke

Default Thanks for the tip on the HP32 calculator!

From: "Robert Swinney"

I was never "comfortable" with RPN all along

Robert, I agree with you completely. I grew up with slide rules, log tables
and hand calculations. I have programmed processors from Litton, Intel,
Motorola, Rockwell, RCA and problably some others in everything from machine
code punched in through console swithces to Fortran, Forth et al. I'm well
aware of stack operations and how to use 'em but I don't like RPN calculators.
My first calculator was a four banger sold by one of the Litton divisions in
the early 70s but my first "real" calculator was a TI something. All I
remember is that it had an LED display and clickety-clack buttons and I thought
it was nothing short of miraculous. I tried an HP for a while and never like
it. I traded it to a friend for something and went back to TI. I still have a
little solar powered TI 30 that I use some but my main one is a Casio fx7700g
and of course Mathcad. Maybe it's just my internal logic but to me RPN is just
exactly what it says. Backwards.

Richard Coke