Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Proximity fuse.

On Wed, 23 May 2007 18:01:17 -0400, Chuck Harris
wrote:

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"ian field" wrote in message

The Bletchley Park Trust has reconstructed the Colossus
semi-programmable computer as used to crack Enigma codes.

Yeah, but it's always their codes and our code-breaking. I'm sure we didn't
transmit in the clear.

Well, we sure did with airplanes. Perhaps it wasn't an automated
process during WWII? Single use pads were and are still popular.

The breakthrough was UHF voice comm (called TBS when used between Navy
ships.) It had limited range and the enemey generally didn't have the
technology to intercept.

John