Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Stephen J. Rush Stephen J. Rush is offline

Default Proximity fuse.

On Wed, 23 May 2007 16:58:20 -0400, Tom Del Rosso wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message

Any vintage, and especially wartime electronics (allied *or* axis) is
of interest, if you have any such schematics I would be pleased to
see them.

I'd like to soo an allied encryption machine from that time. The enigma is
so well known, and ours must be declassified since new techniques were out a
few years after the war, yet it isn't described anywhere.

You haven't Googled it? I recently StumbledUpon a site offering an
electronic version of Enigma. The original Enigma is out there too; it
was patented before the war, so its design was never secret (the secrets
were the wiring and starting positions of the rotors and the settings of
the plugboard).

I would really like to see a detailed description of the cryptanalysis of
the "Purple" cypher that was Japan's answer to Enigma. The American
cryptographers who broke that one built their own logically-equivalent
machine without ever seeing a Purple machine. Then there was the Allied
SIGABA, which, as far as anyone is willing to admit, was never broken. It
used rotors to control the motion of other rotors.