Jim Guthrie

Default Thanks for the tip on the HP32 calculator!

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:00:35 -0700, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Bob,

See, HP finally realized that basically non-math types wouldn't want to mess
with all that complexity so they put in AE. But we know the real reason

Some years ago, the algebraic entry calculator my daughter used at
school became faulty and she required another one ASAP. She
suggested she used my HP25 (yeah, it was that long ago :-) ). I
told her about the RPN operation and showed her how to operate it.
We got her other calculator repaired or replaced, but I couldn't get
my RPN HP25 back from her. She thought the RPN operation was a lot
easier than messing about with brackets on AE. If you knew my
daughter you would most definitely recognise a 'non-math type' :-)

At the moment, my HP32 is broken (my fault - got damaged in my
pocket) and I'm waiting on the HP33 to arrive on the UK shores :-)
I'm suffering with an AE calculator in the interim :-)

Jim.