Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Lord Garth Lord Garth is offline

Default HP 4500 series LCD

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message
"Lord Garth" wrote in message

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message
snip

Can you determine the pinout of the connector?

Not yet Tom but you can see that I traced most of the connector
contacts to the vias they pass through and therefore the pin numbers
based on the silk screen. This is where it doesn't jive with the
pinout of the controller.

Are the chip pin functions mixed up compared to the data sheet or only
shifted? The COB might have different pin numbering just like different
package shapes do.

My next step is to try to get the service manual for the HP 4500 series
laser
printer and see what it may indicate. Fortunately, there is a place near me
that services HP and I should be able to get the manual there. The owner
has let me take stepper motors and such from printers he was salvaging
for resellable parts.