Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Xport teardown

On Wed, 9 May 2007 15:59:32 -0400, "Oppie" wrote:

We looked at using the Xport module but at $49 in quantity, it was too
expensive to put in a product. We did settle on the Microchip PIC18F97J60.
One of our guys is a whiz at the PIC series. We bought the C18 compiler and
the ICD2 emulator, the rest of the design environment and TCP/IP stack are
FREE! Depending how you package it, will take a bit more space than the
Xport but is about half the price (or less) in quantity.
Oppie

We just charge the customers $250 for it and use our engineering for
other stuff. If we were doing lower cost, higher-volume products, we
might spin our own.

John