Robert Swinney

Default Thanks for the tip on the HP32 calculator!

HP48 is the latest I have, and it's RPN only, but I've got a (n even
older?) clamshell HP financial calculator HP19B that is AE only.

See, HP finally realized that basically non-math types wouldn't want to mess
with all that complexity so they put in AE. But we know the real reason
don't we.

Bob Swinney

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
On 17 Apr 2004 10:42:42 -0700, the renowned jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Spehro Pefhany

says...

Too bad no manufacturer (AFAIK) has offered RPN as a simply set
*option*- like radians vs. degrees for trig. It would add negligible
cost, and modern calculators can show several levels of stack at once.

I think the newer HP calculators can be operated in either mode.

Jim

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Info for manufacturers:

http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

http://www.speff.com