Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
No Clue No Clue is offline

Default Dumb question

"John Popelish" wrote in message
. ..
No Clue wrote:
But hey, that's how you learn. I have a resistor that completely broke

off
the circuit board in a guitar amp that I have. I located exactly where

it
came off but it was loose in the chassis. Here's the dumb question.

Does
it matter which way it goes back in or does a resistor work the same in
either direction?

They work the same in either direction. The important thing
to know is why this resistor came lose. It may have
overheated enough to unsolder itself, and that is a symptom
of some other problem that may need repair.

Thanks John for the help. I'm almost positive it came loose from bouncing
in my trailer. I did a gig in Houston recently and the roads there are the
pits, and my trailer is only a single axle so it takes a beating.. I'm
surprised it didn't happen a long time ago.