Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Popelish John Popelish is offline

Default Help: Identify this Diode (schematic)

Ray King wrote:
John,
If you know the output pull down current of the driver then what ever that
current is should be applied to the schottky and this should not exceed 0.55
volts drop in the schottkys forward direction. Is my guess.

My point was, that if the output impedance is more than 150
ohms, and the signal swing is no more than .7 volts, then
the peak output current can't be more than a few
milliamperes, so 1 amp rated Schottky diodes are not needed.
And the capacitance of such a big diode will have a bad
effect on the frequency response of the signal.