Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Lord Garth Lord Garth is offline

Default Fuji Finepix S5200 test shot - J2.jpg

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Anthony Fremont" wrote in message

2) Self check out at the grocery store (some things just aren't
designed to be automated that way)

"Thank you for purchacing the 16 ounce Goulden's spicy brown mustard.

You
saved 48 cents."

...by which time I have scanned the next 3 items, and the scanner

subsystem
acknowledged every one with a beep.

"You didn't wait for me to finish talking. My scanner has a lower

priority
than my speech system. I don't know what to do now. Please wait for
assistance from one of the human workers I was meant to replace."

Which is precisely why I refuse to use the automated scanners. I also
refuse to use ATM's.

I had no sooner scanned a can when the machine complained that I had
removed an item from the bag...problem was that there was nothing in the
bag at that time. When I was approached by the personnel, I told them to
either open a register or I was leaving. They opened a register.

Not to be out done by Home Depot's checkout that demanded that I bag
an 80 pound sack of concrete. Hey, I'd be happy to drop it on the scale!

Or the clerk at Fry's that would rather have me heft a 1500VA UPS up
from the bottom of the cart so she could scan it...I took the scanner from
her and did it myself right in the basket. Gee, no brain required on that
one.