Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John  Larkin is offline

Default Fuji Finepix S5200 test shot - J2.jpg

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:33:37 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:40:48 -0700, John Larkin
Gave us:

It's a hell of a lot easier to have a scope that puts out jpegs with
a single button press.

For someone that brags about having so many millions trickling
through your company, one would think you could afford a modern scope.

Bwuahahahaha!

It's a Tektronix 11801A 20 GHz sampling scope. I got this one on ebay.
The current version, with a couple of sampling heads, would cost about
$70K. The 11801A has a magnetic-deflection, vertical raster scan color
CRT, which is very difficult to photograph. The Cybershot, even on a
2-second exposure, has all sorts of goofy scan artifacts. The
distortion is real, namely on the screen itself, not a result of the
photography.

The snap I posted is the rising edge of an output pulse from our first
all-CMOS digital delay generator...

http://www.highlandtechnology.com/DSS/T560DS.html

We had the formal release party for rev C this afternoon. The
trigger-to-output path passes through 10 distinct CMOS stages and
we've managed to get the prop delay down to 20 ns and the jitter below
20 ps.

John