Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Martin Riddle Martin Riddle is offline

Default HD Radio

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:55:41 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
The big drawback to "HD" is there are many places in Arizona where I
can only receive a Mexican station... except I have Sirius... I love
it... 1950's rock and roll... I'm back in heaven ;-)

And here I was worried that given another few decades the '80s station
would
be pulled. :-)

The shuffle channel (12) occasionally has some good stuff from the '60s on
it -- older than that doesn't seem to show up often.

In your case, Jim, I imagine the lifetime subscription option for Sirius
might
make a lot of sense! (It's something like $499, and while the "lifetime"
is
either "yours" or "after 3 receiver swaps, at $75/ea," for some people you
still come out well ahead.)

I'll look into that. I'm about to add Sirius to my pick-em-up
truck... so I can listen to Blue Collar Comedy... you know how us
rednecks are ;-)

What no Paul Harvey?