Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default HD Radio

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:13:44 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Joel Kolstad wrote:
"Anthony Fremont" wrote in message
Here's a test. :-) What does HD stand for?

Hybrid Digital. I the time when it officially "stood for nothing"
after the marketing guys at Ibiquity realized that trying to make it
stand for "high definition" wasn't going to fly even with the best
Madison Avenue advertising campaign behind it.

Yep, notice how they hype "HD" "HD" "HD", but they never really say Hybrid
Digital....not ever.....not even once...... It's obvious that they hope
that everyone will make the mistake of assuming that it stands for "High
Definition". I think their plan is working. :-(

Well, it DOES stand for true 20 - 20kHz with near zero baseline
noise, which FM never did.

That is enough to make it grow alone.

It is already being broadcast, so ther must already be receivers for
it.

Think "classical lover".

http://www.king.org/hdradio/

It is going to take off.