PoP

Default Cupboard Door Q

On 24 Sep 2003 08:19:58 -0700, (N. Thornton) wrote:

I want to hang a couple of 2' x 5' cupboard doors. They're 15mm conti.
I got a few questions:

Should I be using 26mm or 35mm kitchen cupboard-type concealed hinges?
(whats the difference?)

One requires a 26mm blind hole to be cut in the door, the other a 35mm
hole. Cuting that hole takes some care, because you have to stop about
1-2mm from the far side in order for the hinge to be "hidden".

The smaller hinges tend to be used on smaller doors, the bigger hinges
tend to be used on larger doors. There's no precise deal with this.

How many per door?

For that size of door you most likely need 4x36mm per door to take the
weight. Minimum 3 per door.

These hinges are intended to be used with 18mm doors not 15mm, would I
need to put a piece of 3mm packing on the door where the hinge goes?

I've never seen anything but 15mm hinges. Are you sure you are
referring to the right dimensions?

The cupboard-side of the hinge invariably has a set of adjustments
which can take up about 3mm of alignment, so it's possible that your
15-18mm dimension refers to that.

PoP