Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default HD Radio

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:28:10 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

"Anthony Fremont" wrote in message
Yep, notice how they hype "HD" "HD" "HD", but they never really say Hybrid
Digital....not ever.....not even once...... It's obvious that they hope
that everyone will make the mistake of assuming that it stands for "High
Definition".

Yep, I agree. They're in the same league as all the companies that label
their products "USB 2.0" knowing that most people will assume that means
"...high-speed (480Mbps)," when, in actuality, it's just a full-speed (12Mbps)
USB 2.0 product.

Sirius Satellite Radio was originally going to be called "Satellite CD Radio"
or something like that. As with the phrase "CD quality," "HD anything"
has pretty much become a meaningless as well.

It'll be intriguing to see if HD radio takes off... Sirius & XM satellite
radio are doing OK if not great (they're trying to merge themselves at the
moment), so I suppose the upside of HD radio is "free" to compete with
XM/Sirius's "uncensored, nationwide coverage, and many more channels."

The big drawback to "HD" is there are many places in Arizona where I
can only receive a Mexican station... except I have Sirius... I love
it... 1950's rock and roll... I'm back in heaven ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |