Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Anthony Fremont Anthony Fremont is offline

Default My Massive Tube! (FPD) Warning 401kB - BigScreen.jpg

MassiveProng wrote:
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 05:14:15 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 19:52:26 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

Exactly, not the LED manufacturer, but the light assembly
manufacturer is the one that I blame. Normally, these lights are
not used continuously, but are for looking cool while the bike is
parked outside the bar for a couple hours.

All LEDs driven properly are meant for 100% full time duty cycle.

You should take a look at your remote control then. Now are they
1) not driving it properly or
2) is 100% duty cycle going to work ok

Ther are no LEDs made that have a spec that declares that they
should not be on all the time.

Please refer to this datasheet:
http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/hp/HLMP-6755.pdf

What do they mean by "DC Forward Current", "Peak Forward Current" and
"Transient Forward Current" then? It's called pulsed operation, IOW
it is "a spec that declares that they should not be on all the
time". Now isn't it?

Absolutely not. Note the spec declaration that all reading are at a
max of 25C. As long as that temperature is not exceeded, the unit can
be operated at 100% duty.

I saw NOTHING in the spec stating otherwise.

Look again. Please refer to Figure 6 (Maximum Tolerable Peak Current vs.
Pulse Duration) It goes without saying, that you can't keep Tj at 25C once
you turn it on.

Most have several thousand hours of operating life when driven
properly.

Nobody is disagreeing with that.

But what you are saying is something that has no basis in fact.