Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_2_] Oppie[_2_] is offline

Default HD Radio

"Joel Kolstad" wrote in message
"Oppie" wrote in message
Has anybody seen any construction articles related to HD radio receivers?

I doubt you'll see any at all soon. As far as I can tell, the only way to
get the HD radio codec spec out of iBiquity is to sign a licensing
agreement with them, which requires paying royalties if you start building
radios and precludes your releasing the spec to anyone else. Hence, you
won't be seeing any, e.g., GNU Radio projects relating to HD radio any
time soon...

If the technology is everything that they are advertizing it is, somebody
will hack it. I haven't listened to one of the HD radios yet but most of the
broadcasters in the metro New York City area are transmitting with it. Right
now, I find it annoying as hell as most of the HD broadcasts make a
background whine in my 2001 Saturn (premium) car radio.
Oppie