Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default My Massive Tube! (FPD) Warning 401kB - BigScreen.jpg

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:48:31 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
wrote:

On a slightly different tangent: Maybe it's just me, but the little hairs
stand up on my neck every time someone suggests driving LEDs with 20 or 25mA
to a noobie. Almost all LEDs that anyone is likely to encounter today will
illuminate quite well with 5mA and will most certainly last allot longer.

---
If the manufacturer's recommended operating conditions suggest
running the device at 20mA, Then I'll certainly go along with their
recommendation, and will echo that recommendation to newbies. But I
don't use 20mA lamps, I use the Avago (HP) HLMP-4700, HLMP-1700, and
HLMP-7000 series of 2mA lamps.

--
JF