Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Anthony Fremont Anthony Fremont is offline

Default My Massive Tube! (FPD) Warning 401kB - BigScreen.jpg

MassiveProng wrote:
On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 19:52:26 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I suspect that on the display board they were
actually seeing a bit less voltage than it normally would installed,
and under allot better conditions. It's just that 12 hours per day
operation in a static display is an outrageously heavier than normal
duty cycle.

Wrong. LEDs are CURRENT driven devices, and the display was most
likely being driven with too much current.

I know that, but LED modules in vehicles already contain the current
limiting resistors. They are voltage operated devices at that point, now
aren't they? Do you really think that JF doesn't know this?