Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joel Kolstad Joel Kolstad is offline

Default What a sick joke!

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
The system hardware is
about 90% of the operating costs of a CATV system, and every time this
has been tried in the past, ut has failed.

90%? I'm surprised -- I would have thought that all the guys running around
in install. vans (labor) would have been more significant, since once the
system is setup it seems that the headend equipment only changes slowly
(although I am aware that Comcast in Oregon spent "many millions" on upgrading
their distribution backbone to fiber in the not-so-distant past).
Interesting...