Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_2_] Oppie[_2_] is offline

Default a schematic - Tpower.gif

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

OK. How about -5V out of there at the same time ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

We designed this board specifically to need no negative supplies, but
I have done this same trick to go negative. You can also turn the
inductor into a transformer, or center-tap it, as needed.

John

You don't need a transformer...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ol...tiveOutput.pdf

Could you show the waveforms for L1 and D1 current?

Now updated on my website.

...Jim Thompson

We had a buck step-down from 24V to 7V. I took a charge pump off the
connection between the switch and the inductor. Put a bead in series with
the charge pump capacitor so it does not cause a current spike in the
switch. Gave a decent negative bias supply.
Oppie