Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default .NET Framework ??

Mike Monett wrote:

"Geoff" wrote:

I know three fifths of bugger all about this stuff but .NET is some
new MicroCrap crap which is another layer of **** MicroCrap are
layering on top of their other crap to 'consolidate' programming
under Windows.

It's essential a run-time library for the increasing number of
applications that use it's features. If you use XP or Vista you will
need .NET eventually. It does no harm.

geoff

.NET is the stupidist crap MS has come up with. It clogs your system with
unwanted files that cannot be moved. It compiles the application before
running it. This increases the load time on first use. It has to do this
again when you update the software, or any time it feels like it. The code
is bloated and slow, and probably full of bugs. I don't need to waste my
time finding out where they are.

Anyone who writes software in .NET is demonstrating their amateur status
and corresponding incompetence. I don't need to waste my time with code
written by amateurs, and .NET clearly shows who they are.

Whenever I'm looking for applications, I disregard any application written
in .NET, and continue looking for code written by professionals.

One of the authors in the LTspice forum generated a MOSFET model program
using .NET. He recently changed it to a stand-alone exe. This shows .NET is
not needed, and how easy it is to get rid of it.

Regards,

Mike Monett

now wait a second, you can make a net app look like xxxx.EXE on start up..
so, do you really know if it wasn't NET?
And don't get me wrong, I write software my self, .NET is the biggest
disappointment from MS I have ever seen. what a piece of crap. And I
agree with you on the fact about wantabe programmers and those that
really are.
It's just a sorry way of saying "I'm not a VB programmer", you might as
well be one, what's the difference. I haven't really check performance
however, I would be willing to bet that VB is faster! at least it can
compile to some what native code to some degree.
I use C++ and Delphi mostly my self (Win32) on both.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5