Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default [OT] For Eeyore and Friends

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:12:03 -0400, Chuck Harris
wrote:

Lionel wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:57:46 -0400, Chuck Harris
wrote:

Lionel wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:05:03 -0400, Chuck Harris
wrote:

Lionel wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:17:21 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

For Eeyore and Friends......
If you really lack the self-control & manners to overcome your
obsession with posting massively off-topic trollbait in technical
groups, you could at least be polite enough to put '[OT]' in the
subject line.
With a title like "For Eeyore and Friends" you couldn't figure that
out?
Not if I didn't already know that the loon was obsessed with those
people. It's junk like that that makes a group unreadable & useless to
new people.
You don't give "new people" much credit.

Really? How could someone new to the group be expected to know that a
thread with the subject line: "For Eeyore and Friends" consists of
nothing but the cheapest kind of political flamebait? Despite knowing
the names of the OP & his target de jeur, I - perhaps naively -
assumed it'd contain /some/ sort of electronics content.

Don't you really mean that
it's junk like that that makes me want to play net cop?

I don't know you well enough to have the faintest idea what sort of
thing makes you feel like playing net cop, Chuck.

Read the sentence. It starts: Don't you really mean..." The object
of the sentence, "me", is someone named Lionel.

As to not giving "new people" enough credit, how many of these posts
did you have to read before you figured out that they were off topic?

One or two messages should suffice. I would imagine the typical user
looking for a schematic or design would have something in mind before
he started searching these groups. The only folks that would be fooled
into reading this off topic trash are those that were looking for something
that "Eeyore" might like.

---
Indeed.

Also, someone new coming to the group might be doing so because they
have a question they need answered or a problem they need to have
solved, in which case they'd more than likely post and wait for
replies to that subject.

Unfortunately, someone like Graham (and now this "Lionel" goon)
would more than likely get on their case and try to derail the
thread with their asinine antics.

--
JF