Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Genome[_2_] Genome[_2_] is offline

Default WhatZit2 - WhatZit.gif

"Fred Bartoli"
r_AndThisToo wrote in
message ...
Genome a écrit :
"Fred Bartoli"
r_AndThisToo wrote in
message ...
Would you post the .asc file so that I don't have to redo it all?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Here you go.....

I can't tell you what I am trying to do because Jim has just got out of
bed
in IC design mode (?).

The last one might do what I am looking for but I have to crap about with
things for longer to find out other stuff.

Honest, don't waste too much time on it. I'm not going to pay (much)
attention.

Here it is.
As I don't know what you're trying to do (well I have a bit of idea, but
since you don't want to tell :-) this is probably not ideal and you
probably can simplify things a bit, but you get the idea.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

It's good of you to have a play with things. I'll have to study that lot for
quite a while, there's probably some tricks I should be using. I'm having a
go at simplifying what I've got.

It's meant to be the multiplier/divider circuit for a power factor
correction circuit.

The output of the voltage error amplifier, ideally, should be multiplied by
a value proportional to the rectified line voltage and divided by the square
of the average line voltage. The output of the multiplier goes to the
current error amplifier which controls line current.

Proportional to the rectified line voltage makes the current drawn follow
the voltage, giving a resistive load.

Divided by the square of the average line voltage 'normalises'(?) the power
circuit gain. If the rectified line doubles then the current draw should be
halved and then you have to halve it again because the rectified line
voltage used for the first multiplication doubled as well.......

I'm doing this because I'm almost, sometime, never, going to get around to
implementing a semi discrete PFC circuit and none of what is available as an
IC really does the job I think I want to do and I've just got bored with
them.

Thanks for looking but your time might be better spent on other things since
I'm prone to ignoring advice and generally just beat my head against stuff.
Mind you some of this might filter into my head.

If I come up with something I'll post it....

DNA